Girls

Girls

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Is it Socially Unacceptable?

   I feel like the meanest Mommy in the world.This is a huge battle,is it even worth it? Her teeth are already ruined,and honestly I don't care if a pacifier at 2 1/2 is socially unacceptable or not.
   Lilly's uncontrollable rages are getting worse every day (today I think she has had 4).There is nothing I can do except sit and watch her throwing herself into walls,slamming herself onto the floor and screaming/sobbing (at same time) for no apparent reason!
   Once it was because I woke the girls up from their nap to go to the park this afternoon.
   Once it was because I asked her to go potty before nap,once because I put a clean pull up on her,and the last time I cant even remember.Honestly most of the time by the time she decides to end her fit I cant even remember what set her off,it is getting that bad.
   I have tried to wrap her in her blankie and hold her,she head butts me and tries to slam her head into my face,I have tried to ignore her but she continues,I have put her in time out she just continues and becomes worse,I have put her in on her bed and she trashes her room
   I'm at a loss as what to do,nothing seems to be working and taking her paci away seems to be making it all worse.
   Does anyone have any suggestions?
   Is it really that bad for a 2 1/2 yr old with special needs to have a pacifier 24/7? I hate the darn thing but I'm beginning to hate these rages much more than paci!
   HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment