Girls

Girls

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Bye Bye Pacifier

   I have a confession to make...
   Lilly is 2 1/2 years old and still has a pacifier...well still had a pacifier til this morning.Because I am a lazy mama.I didn't want to her her whine and cry over not having it,I didn't want to see her sad or upset we tried the whole nap time and bedtime only and somehow she still constantly had one in her mouth basically at all times.This morning I was trying to understand something she kept saying and I realized she is lisping really bad even without the paci,I didn't want to be the mean one and take it away, and I can barely even understand her anymore!Blah,we have worked so hard for months getting her speech to where it is Ill be damned if I lose it over a freaking pacifier!
   I went to drastic measures this morning!The girls went through the whole house and a pacifier search,they brought all the pacis they could find and we put them in a bowl together,and I lied to my kid! I told Lilly that there were little baby fairies that needed the pacis way up in the sky and that Tinkerbell was going to come get all the pacis and take them to the baby fairies and Lost Boys way up in the sky.She went along with the plan willingly when after I told her since she was a big girl and gave the babies her pacis we were gonna go big girl shopping for lip gloss and princess high heels,she was all over it!Those are her two loves,lip gloss and high heels (and she owned neither lol)As of tonight she did really well at nap time with no paci and went right to sleep,I was amazed.Tonight she was a little harder to convince but I reminded her Tinkerbell had taken them away while we went big girl shopping (ok,I lied again,they re up in the tippy toppest cupboard,I was scared I would want to give in) and she went to bed and WENT TO SLEEP!!!!yes,she cried and demanded her paci but she fell asleep without it!I so do not feel like giving in anymore!

No comments:

Post a Comment