Girls

Girls

Sunday, December 5, 2010

The Holidays are Rapidly Approaching!

   WOW!I so cannot believe it has been nearly 3 weeks since I wrote last!

   OK,so where do I even start?A couple weeks back we were in the Emergency Room with Daisy struggling with croup and not being able to breathe.after nebulizer treatments not helping we decided to just take her in,after a dose of Decadron we were on our way out of there in less than an hour and she rapidly improved,until about a week later when she stood up and fell out of a Shopping cart in the Safeway parking lot directly on her head!She immediately began throwing up resulting in another rushed trip to the ER and diagnosed with a concussion and released again within an hour!I was thinking wow,we actually made like world record in and out twice in a week in under and hour each!

   Then on Friday night(Dec 3rd) Lilly got croup and truly could not breathe hardly at all,So once again we jumped and ran to the Emergency room and began immediate treatments of Epinepherin,Decadron and Tylenol (she was also on Motrin from home) she did not respond to treatment very well and this time we stayed for 5 hours and I was thankful they had not sent her home any sooner because she really was struggling,but when she finally fell asleep she was able to breathe easier.


   I haven't had much time for sewing up til now but my lonely sewing machine is calling my name telling me I have many gifts to get done still!I have a list wrote up of everything I need to get done within the next 2 weeks and its almost daunting to think of how hard I'm gonna have to push myself with the girls being sick.

   I also plan on doing allot of baking for the holidays and giving away allot of cookies and candies as gifts...lol better get busy!

   The girls and I did however take the time to sit down and decorate their gingerbread house a few nights ago.Daisy was thrilled with how it turned out and she had so much fun.Its not nearly perfect but knowing she did allot of it makes it perfect for me :)


   We also sat down and made allot of baked Christmas tree ornaments to hang on our first-ever Christmas tree!The girls love it and Daisy always tells me how perfect our tree is.They had allot of fun and Lilly painted herself more than her ornaments but was happy so I just let her enjoy her time :)






   Well,gonna sign off and get back to making our pumpkin muffins,have company coming over later and still have some other work to finish.

1 comment:

  1. I am so glad your little one is ok! That is SO scary.
    Being an ER nurse I know how those kiddos can struggle with croup.
    Hope you have a better week. Looks like you have been busy creating gingerbread houses and memories.

    ReplyDelete