Girls

Girls

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Dyed Rice Sensory Box

  Today,we bought a 10lb bag of white rice and a really pretty hot pink storage box with a tight snap on lid.After the girls were in bed(Its for Christmas)I got out my box of Zip lock bags,squirted about 6 pumps of Vanilla bean hand sanitizer into about 8 or 9 different bags and then added several drops of each color I wanted of neon food coloring,even mixing to make different colors.The results were amazing!The color is so awesome,I am very pleased with how it turned out!until I'm cleaning it up lol :)


1 comment:

  1. Fun project! I'll have to try your rice version! I just bought 90 pounds of blasting sand for a sensory box. (Need about 85 pounds?) I saw a fancy sandbox style one at a cute boutique and thought I could replicate it. Piper has played in it a couple of times when she has been over and really likes it. I like the snap on lid!

    Since you craft, have you checked out www.pinterest.com ?? I have an account and love keeping all my tutorials, inspirations, house ideas, etc. there.

    Your girls are just darling, by the way!

    ReplyDelete