Girls

Girls

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Dehydrated Raw Oat Groat Cookies

   I was asked to elaborate on my raw Oat Groat cookies I make in the dehydrator so I am happy to post my recipe for all of you :)However,I never use exact measurements for this recipe I just kind of eyeball and add more if I need too lol
   Soak 3 cups of oat groats in a bowl of water for about 36 hours,I keep dumping and rinsing mine throughout the day so they don't become sour or slimy.Oat groats will become very soft but still chewy after this amount of time.Pour groats into colander and let drain for about 15 minutes to drain off all excess liquid.
   After your groats have drained and are free of water pour them into a large bowl and add a big handful of raisins,a chopped apple,1/4 cup honey or maple syrup(may add more or less if you wish),1/4cup coconut butter(melted into a liquid),crushed almonds,small handful of flax seed meal, cinnamon to taste.
   Mix all ingredients together and squish form into flat round cookies.Dehydrate in dehydrator for about 24 hours at 95 degrees until cookies are (not hard) but hold together and are still chewy.
   I often take my coconut butter,maple syrup and toss them in the blender with half or my raisins and blend until I have a thick smooth mixture.It not only holds the cookies together better but also enhances the flavors greatly.
   My mum chops dates and adds them to her cookies along with a little grated carrot.
   These cookies are very nutritional and full of vitamins and give me energy when  I'm lagging in my day lol
   If anyone still has any questions or would like anything clarified please feel free to contact me,I would love to help you to make these yummy cookies :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting it - looking forward to trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sure,if there are any others i talk about that you would like a recipe for just let me know :)

    ReplyDelete