Girls

Girls

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Another day is Gone

   Another day is gone into a whirlwind of memories...
   What did you do today that will follow you into the future?
   Did you make lasting memories with your children?
   Did you do what is right when the opportunity arose?
   Did you help someone?
   Did you do a kind deed?
   Were you honest?
   I have obviously had alot of thoughts running through my mind today.A number of my blogger friends have children who are fighting cancer or leukemia,and some know that their child's time on earth is now limited,unless God grants them a true miracle.My heart is very heavy for these dear families facing the hardest decisions of their lives.At the end of each day I often sit and sift thru my day and what a I did throughout my day and I think of the wasted moments and missed opportunities,not only with my girls,but with the people I come in contact with.Sometimes its just little things I regret,such as not taking the girls to the park on a nice day or not taking the time out of my sewing orders to sit down and read the book Lilly brought to me,or not taking the time to let Daisy help me as I rushed around to whip up the next batch of dehydrator cookies.Other days its bigger things I wish I had done,such as not helping the little elderly woman at the grocery store because I already have my hands full with the girls,but really how hard would it have been for me to stop and help her load her groceries?Then I think "maybe that little old woman had nobody in her life loving or caring about her,maybe me and my girls could have been the only cheer in her lonely day and I was too busy to take the time to help her"
   I have been thinking alot about how fast time is flying by,Daisy will be 4 in just over 3 months!4 years have nearly passed since I spent all those lonely weeks in a big city in a whole different state all by myself with my tiny,premature baby who faced death different times in her life,I see the beautiful wonderful spirited child she has grown into and I'm amazed that such a tiny frail baby could become such a beautiful child.


   I thank God daily for my wonderful kids even though there are days I totally struggle to stay sane lol I just want my life to count for something,not for other people to notice,but to count for God.Truly my girls are my world and even if I could go back to 4.5 yr ago when I made some of the decisions I made I would still chose to have my girls in my life,being a single mum is hard,very hard at times,but so worth it and I don't know what I would do without my wonderful kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment