Girls

Girls

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Lillian

   OK,I have a confession to make.....
   I am a bad mommy....

   After a couple weeks of no paci and Lilly screaming uncontrollably for hours I finally gave her the damn thing back.And guess what? She doesn't want to suck on it,but likes to carry it around in her beloved backpack,but....
   THE SCREAMING HAS NEARLY WENT AWAY!
    I also gave the girls back their TVs.I was desperate for quietness during nap and bedtime.I don't believe any kid should have a TV in their room however the screaming was wearing on my sanity,and I decided if she wants to lay in her room and suck on a paci while she watches a learning show then SO BE IT! lol of course it was only fair to give Daisy hers back too and she has been going to bed quietly each night and both girls have been asleep within 30 minutes. SO,even tho I know this isn't the best solution to our problem it is a temporary fix and has helped me get some much needed quietness and gain a little sanity back before the next wave hits.
   I think all parents,but especially parents of special needs kiddos make compromises and some aren't exactly stellar decisions but they help us and our little ones cope with life and the  situations we have been given.I love both my girls ever so much and there are days I wish things were much,much different,but they aren't and so I have to find ways to work with what we have and make life a better place for everyone involved.

No comments:

Post a Comment