Girls

Girls

Monday, August 15, 2011

Catastrophy!

  
 My sewing machine got knocked off the desk a few days ago,I broke its fall and mostly caught it before it hit the floor.But somehow the side wall seams cracked open and it will only back stitch or forward stitch,no doing both.So,this morning we took it into the sewing machine repair center (im sooo blessed we have one here in our city!)I have been waiting all day for the estimate and praying its fixable and not too expensive.When I left it at the center I almost hugged it good bye,I was so sad!and yes,I realize how lame that sounds lol and I dont care.My sewing machine means alot to me and I have been in the middle of sewing the girls winter clothes....It was really frustrating as I have 3 beautiful dresses all cut out and ready to sew :(
   On a brighter note,I got to looking at the fancy Janome embroidery machines,by the time we left I was practically drooling lol.Those of you who truly know me know that I never ever buy anything fancy for myself,so when Nick saw my reaction he offered to buy me one of my choice up to $5000 at the beginning of the year when we get our tax refund! So sweet of him to offer,and how badly I want it,but it would be ever so hard for me to spend that amount of money on a new toy for  myself!Nick justifies it by saying this past tax season he got a new 42 in LED flat screen tv and surround sound lol
   So,I guess I will start researching alot of different machines and see if anything out there will really suit my needs and wants and actually be worth the cost.I am considering it because in the future I do want to start and ETSY shop and sell handmade  items and help bring an income into our home,but I do not want to purchase something of that price if I cannot justify the cost.
   But for now I will be waiting for the arrival home of my dear friend  My Bernina that I have had for many years.I was very young when I saved and saved and saved my money to be able to purchase it.I think I was around 19 or 20 when I had finally saved enough money from working and made the 2 hour drive to Loveland Co and walked into Matthews Sewing Center and instantly fell in love with my little computerized Bernina.She has served me very well and I have never had a problem with her,unlike the little Bernina 700D serger I bought at the same time lol If anyone has this machine and would like to give me some tips so I can actually use it that would be fantastic!It has sat on the shelf brand new untouched for at least 10 years and I would love to use it :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment