Girls

Girls

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Healthy Breakfast

   I have always been somewhat health conscious and always tried to feed my kids healthy foods for every meal,but the last little while I had become somewhat lax and even bought the "dreadful" pop tarts for an occasional quick breakfast meal.The other day I looked ion the freezer and realized I had kind of fallen into the rut of wanting to do a quick breakfast without much preparation and little mess,there were toaster strudels,precooked sausages,precooked pancakes and waffles etc.Honestly my friends even I was mortified lol it was right then and there I decided out with the old,frozen,precooked,and in with the fresh healthy foods.
   I made up a big container of homemade(from scratch) gluten free pancake batter and put it in the fridge for a quick,hearty,filling breakfast. Both of my girls have always been kind of picky eaters so there are a limited amount of foods they will eat.I have been trying little tricks to get them to eat more quality foods.Yesterday I cooked up pancakes,topped them with plain yogurt and pink and blue sprinkles(not the healthiest option I know) but hey,it worked!In the grand scheme of things I will take sprinkles any day over chocolate pop tarts :) and I served spaceship shaped fruit smoothie Popsicles and the girls were thrilled!

No comments:

Post a Comment