Girls

Girls

Monday, March 21, 2011

Springtime?

   Is it Spring yet?We saw our first robin the other evening while we took a walk.I was really excited!!! Hopefully nice weather is just around the corner now:)
   I have gotten an urge to sew again so I need to get in gear and finish up my last couple orders I have still lingering on my shelf,then I can do something fun.I got a few new patterns at the thrift store that I'm anxious to try out for the girls,and I have had a couple shirt patterns for myself for a little while now,I'm hoping to start making more of our clothes and household items and get away from all the more expensive stuff.
   I so desperately want our lives to be more calm and plain without all the outside influence.I don't want my girls to be so attached to the world,movies,newest fashions,fads,toys etc.I want them to appreciate what they have,to know the importance of handmade things,along with the feeling that comes with knowing that they can make whatever they put their minds to.
   Seems like sewing,knitting,crocheting,cross stitching,quilting,embroidering etc are a dying art,these are all things I would like for my girls to know how to do so that later in life they have the skills to do whatever suits their fancy.
   Another "art" I would love to learn is soap making.I want to learn to make laundry soap and bar soap.I remember helping my mum make soap as a young girl but that was so many years ago neither of us remember exactly how to do it.(if I remember correctly it was a one time experiment lol)
   Also would love to  learn how to make homemade brews,I guess we'll see when I get time to get around to that one lol
   Seems everyday gets busier around here,I always have so many things to do,but never enough time to complete all I want to.I have been so exhausted the last little while that's its hard for me to keep going throughout the day.When the girls go down for quiet time its all I can do to stay awake for the afternoon,but it is my "regain sanity " time lol so I try hard to just enjoy my time alone.
   Well,I'm gonna bring this post to a close and go wake the Little's up from their naps and take them to the park for a bit while the weather is still relatively nice :)

No comments:

Post a Comment