Girls

Girls

Monday, February 21, 2011

Sleeping Disorders SUCK!

   Lilly has pretty much never slept through the night,ha she has never slept more than little cat naps here and there all of her life.The first time she was put on medications for sleep was right around 13 or 14 months,at that time she was put on a round of 7 days of heavy sleeping meds to try to pattern her to sleep thru the night....didn't work,so for over 2 years I have been fighting to get her to sleep thru the night,or even long enough that I can get a few winks so I can face the new day with a fresh outlook.
   On Feb 2,I was flat out desperate no sleep and the screaming were finally taking their toll on me and I finally broke down and took her back to the doctor and asked him to put her on sleeping meds so I could rest without worrying what she was doing,or getting into(Daisy has been on sleeping meds for months)That night as I measured out her new meds I prayed for sleep and prayed to be able to just relax without worrying about her,first night she was up a couple times then went back to sleep.For the next 12 nights she slept ALL night!It was awesome!My weary body was enjoying every second of being able to finally sleep,but unfortunately the meds have worn off already and she isn't sleeping again :( Her doc put her on melatonin but that does nothing for her,so I have no clue what our next step is but I'm hoping and prating for answers soon,its really rough because Lilly falls asleep by 8 pm and then I wait for Daisy to go to sleep before I remove Lils from my bed and put her in her bed  and by this time its usually 1130 or later! and then Lils is up by 1am pretty much every morning!So I'm averaging about 1.5 hr sleep every night before she is awake again.I worry about her not sleeping allot,and what she can get into while I sleep.If anyone has any ideas please feel free to mention it,I'm desperate!See,she doesn't even look tired without sleep does she?Wrong in so many ways!!LOL I on the other hand...well,we wont go there! :p

1 comment:

  1. Hi,
    Im actually up at a hideous hour right now because my daughter has a sleep disorder too! She's awake being a total monkey in her crib right now, and she is too medically fragile to be left alone (our night nurse couldnt come tonight). Anyway, with all that to say, I know a lot of other families who have children with sleeping issues (it's common as apart of my daughter's diagnosis with charge syndrome). I will pick their brains and look back at the charge syndrome archives for some suggestions of what they have used in the past - I know melatonin is the most common but seems to wear off over time. We need the help too!
    You have a beautiful family, and I will keep you all in my prayers...
    xo,
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete