Girls

Girls

Friday, October 29, 2010

Thrift Store Finds!

    Yesterday I took a little time to run to a local thrift store,hoping to find a few pieces of fabric to make the girls some winter dresses,as Daisy has informed me she will no longer be wearing pants because "princesses don't wear pants."As I looked at her earnest little 3 year old face I sarcastically thought to myself "when you act like a princess you can wear anything you like!"However,good little mommy that I am I went to the thrift store looking for something to turn into cute dresses for her.I found the cutest light blue wale corduroy for .50 and a black and red/orange plaid flannel for .25.Of course I couldn't just stop there so I kept looking and found a few awesome deals! I was even able to find Christmas cookie cutters at .50 for a whole bagful!Then I was beyond excited to find this awesome green tea set for only $2.

After digging through all kings of odds and ends I found another really pretty beige teapot to add to my collection of little teapots for $1.50 and I even managed to find an old fashioned knitted tea cozy for .50!I was really excited,me and mum have looked at tea cozys online for quite sometime now :)I think I'm going to give it to her so we can enjoy it together :)


   All day though I have been kicking myself for not picking up the 8 balls  of  wool yarn,even though they were an almost hideous shade of orange for .25 ea they would have been perfect for the dryer balls I have been wanting to make!Maybe they will be there next time still.



No comments:

Post a Comment